Sunday, February 7, 2010

Take A 5W1H Step to Know Me-Miya


(In FuJian Province,China. June 9th,2009)



Who Am I?
你们好(Hello),I am 古惠莹(Gu HuiYing), the new exchange student in Hemline University. My family name means "ancient, traditional,classic" in Chinese. It is a name passed by my ancestors, and my surname is HuiYing which means clarity. My parents wants me to show penetrating mental discernment when I come across bump in my life.

And I could also be called as Miya, I love this name since it is simple. And my professor always call me MaMa Miya, I don't mind you call me in this way if it is more easy for you to remember.
Where Am I From?
I am from Guangzhou, the capital city of Canton, China.Guangzhou is famous for its delicacy, so if you got the chance to go there, I'd like to be your guides in searching the different kinds of food.
"When"s Important to me
I was born in June, a warm and sun-shining month in Guangzhou. I like to smile and positive, just as the beginning of summer.

I decided to go to study aboard when I was an sophomore, I had spent about one semester time to prepare my IELTS and materials to get in Hemline. I believed that this experience will give me great inspiration in my senior year.
Why I came here?
I am Gemini, which means I can't not be understood by depending on appearance, I like to try new things and challenges. This is one of the reasons why I am here.
My college in China is a special college since it is found by Hong Kong Baptist University and Beijing Normal University. All of my courses are taught by English, and many of my professors are came from different countries. Majority of them are came from US. I had heard about many things about America. And eventually, I own the chance to experience the "real world".
How did I came here?
I had took a 14 hours flight in order to "land" in Hemline. Besides this, I spent a whole semester to prepare my IELTS and application materials to came here. I set my goal and fight for it, so this chance is especially precious for me.
What will be next......
In the past two weeks, I had experienced the winter carnival, mall of America, visit to the old couples' nice house...what will be next? I don't know.
Before I came to US, most of my time are spending on study. Besides, I had the experience in working in the Admission Office in College and participating in climbing the 5000 miles mountain.

Whatever will came out, I get prepared...

Hope I will have a nice semester with you my new friends here.


(A delicious din-sum which called shrimp dumplings in my hometown)

No comments:

Post a Comment